Born in Saitama, 1983.
Old historical,places, or objects owned for many decades may conceal recorded traces of memory, just as sunburn remains after the skin’s exposure to light. I work with silver halide photography to uncover and visualize hidden memories as a vestige of light, and chemical and material reactions during the process of development. A landscape framed within a windowpane is cut out and fit as it is, and reversely defines everyday scenery of the place, irrelevant to my intention and subjective viewpoint as a photographer. Photographed, and thus further abstracted, scenery evokes memory of the viewer, and appears as a sight of recollection through associative functions. This scenery can be seen as a trace of memory and light itself fossilized on a surface layer of gelatin coating. Photography is a catalysis bringing together image and a support medium and a way to turn image into a physical substance. Unlike conventional photography through which the viewer sees a symmetrical reflection of reality, I hope the viewer will appreciate that photography itself is a target of the gaze. I consider photography to have the power to delay our perceptive speed of time, elapsed within the image.
- BFA in Painting from Department of Fine Arts, Tokyo Zokei University, Tokyo
- Completed the first period of Intermedia Art course, Graduate School of Fine Arts, Tokyo University of the Arts, Tokyo
Currently attending the latter period of Intermedia Art course, Graduate School of Fine Arts, Tokyo University of the Arts, Tokyo.
- Completed the second half of Intermedia Art course, Graduate School of Fine Arts, Tokyo University of the Arts, Tokyo
- "LIGHT OF OTHER DAYS", COURTYARD HIROO, Tokyo
- "The Rings of Saturn / Mirror with a Memory",rin art association, Takasaki, Gunma
- "Monologue of the Light", rin art association, Takasaki, Gunma.
”Mirrors and Windows”, Omotesando-garo, Tokyo
- “The Light of Other Days”, Institut français du Japon - Tokyo, Tokyo
- “Transparent Light, Converged Light,” Sekii Memorial, Saitama
- "Latent Scenery" Arts Maebashi, Gunma
- "Medium and Dimension Liminal" Kakinokisou, Tokyo
- "moment in time" rin art association, Takasaki, Gunma
- "Recent Acquisitions 2021"ARTS MAEBASI,Gunma
- "Monologue of the Blank," ex-chamber museum, Tokyo
"Between Tomorrow and Yesterday" HAJIMARI ART CENTER, Fukusima
"3331 ART FAIR" 3331 Arts Chiyoda, Tokyo
- "Photographs of Innocence and of Experience Contemporary Japanese Photography vol.14," Tokyo Photographic Art Museum, Tokyo.
- ”Gallery Collection,” rinartassociation, Takasaki, Gunma
“Nakanojo Biennale,” Nakanojyoucho, Gunma
- “NEW VISION SAITAMA: The Emerging Body,” Museum of Modern Art, Saitama
- “Gunma Biennale for Young Artists 2015,” Museum of Modern Art, Gunma.
“Sight-Seeing” combaz7 Artist in Residence, Crans-Montana
"Complex Topography : the Garden," Ritsurin Garden, Kagawa
- “C. A. J. Artist in Residence,” Plaza North Gallery, Saitama
“The 4th Exhibition of Emerging Artists, Second Audition,” Kawaguchi ArtGallery ATLIASaitama.
“Ginza Collage! Nakagin Capsule Tower Building Artist in Residence,” Nakagin Capsule Tower Build / Ginza Retro Gallery MUSEE, Tokyo
- “Nakanojo Biennale,” Nakanocho, Gunma
“Postal Project,” Gallery Uroboros, Belgrade
“Postal Project, Room 306 Ginza Okuno Build. Project, Tokyo.
- “Gunma Biennale for Young Artists 2012,” Museum of Modern Art, Gunma
- “Soaking in the Blank Light - Latent Image – Traces of Light,” Sekii Memorial, Saitama
- “Sekii Memorial,” Sekii Memorial, Saitama
- “Tokyo Wonder Wall 2009,” Museum of Contemporary Art, Tokyo
- Received scholarship by Kuwasawa Gakuen Educational Foundation, Tokyo Zokei University, Tokyo
- Finalist of “Tokyo Wonder Wall”, Museum of Contemporary Art, Tokyo
- “Gunma Biennale for Young Artists 2012”, Museum of Modern Art, Gunma.
- Finalist of “The 4th Exhibition of Emerging Artists,” Kawaguchi Art Gallery ATLIA, Saitama
- GATEAU FESTA HARADA Prize at “Gunma Biennale for Young Artists 2015”, Museum of Modern Art, Gunma
Shigeo Goto Prize at "TOKYO FRONTLINE PHOTO AWARD＃05"
Embassy of France Prize at "ART AWARD TOKYO MARUNOUCHI 2015"
- Incentive Award at"The Vision of Contemporary Art 2016", Ueno Royal Museum, Tokyo
- TOKYO PHOTOGRAPHIC ART MUSEUM
- GATEAU FESTA HARADA
- ARTS MAEBASHI